1. You notice your classmate Hannah chewing on her pencil as she takes her psychology exam. Which psychosexual stage may not have been resolved? How would Freud’s theory explain her likely behavior as an adult?
2. Your significant other yells at you and makes you feel bad. Pretty soon, you can’t stand the sight of that person and dump him/her. You meet another person who wears the same cologne. Although they seem nice, you just can’t seem to get along with him/her. How can classical conditioning explain your behaviour?
3. A fellow classmate is constantly lying about and ‘putting down’ others to lecturers in an effort to make her/himself look better. What would Freud in his Psychoanalytic theory say about this?
4. Describe how a parent could use operant conditioning to motivate their 9th grade child to move from a “C” student to an “A” student. Discuss positive and negative reinforcements and punishments that you would employ.
5. Twin boys grow together in the same home, attend the same schools and are afforded the same privileges in life. One becomes a successful lawyer, the other a drug lord. Discuss with reference to the nature/nurture debate and/or free choice vs determinism.