Assignment: Ethics & Engineering
1. Discuss how engineers and risk experts view and deal with risks. (Approximately 2 paragraphs).
2. Discuss how you would respond to a request from an organization that asked you as an engineer design a system that could have potentially negative consequences. (Approximately 2 paragraphs).
3. Discuss how the work of engineers can potentially create ethical issues for society. (Approximately 2 paragraphs).
4. Discuss how engineers can protect themselves from unjust liability for harm to risk while protecting the public from risk. (Approximately 2 paragraphs).
5. Discuss the various forms of “trustworthiness” expected of engineers as professionals. (Approximately 2 paragraphs).
Textbook: Engineering Ethics: Concepts and Cases [Paperback] Charles E. Harris Jr. (Author), Michael S. Pritchard (Author), Michael J. Rabins (Author) ISBN-10: 0495502790