ach November becomes “open season” in which many employees have an opportunity to decide which type of health care coverage to choose for the company the upcoming year. Plans are marketed by health insurance companies, Hmos, local hospitals, and professional association. Many human resources (HR) professional are bombarded with sales and marketing attempts to persuade them to change the benefits packages they offer to employees. Given the number of choices available, it may be tempting to select the package that best meets your needs. In a 5-7 page paper, describe how you would handle this selection process from each of these points of view.
Assume you are the HR director for a midsized company and must make a decision about the company’s employee benefit package you have not been in this position before and must maintain the current benefits budget, there may be no increase or changes to the package that will result in additional spending.
1. Describe the selection process you would use to make the most effective and employee friendly decision.
2. Identify the information you would need to make this decision
3. Discuss the ramifications of your decision on employees
As an employee of a midsized company, your HR director as considering a change in the benefits package for the upcoming year
4 Evaluate the factors that influence your selection of a package
5. Analyze to what extent the cost of the program influences your decision
6. Explain possible alternatives if you were to choose not to participate in the benefits package for the upcoming year.