an OCD sufferer)
Choose a different personality disorder (list to be provided) and discuss the disorder in terms of a personality approach .
MUST USE Psychoanalytic approach
5 page papers (not including title and reference pages)
• Papers are worth 50 points each and should include:
– Title page (2 points) – follow example given
– e.g., font same as rest of paper (12 pt times new roman)
– General description of the disorder (look at the bottom for the options.)
– Include information such definition, symptoms, demographics, how is it diagnosed. Do not include information about the approach, explanation or treatment.
– General description of the personality approach (8 points)
– Define key ideas involving the personality approach. Do not mention the disorder. For example if you are using the Psychoanalytical Approach, you need to discuss the unconscious as well as 2-3 other ideas (levels of awareness; personality characters –id, ego, super ego; defense mechanisms; psychosexual stages – e.g., oral). This information then needs to be used in your explanation (section 3).
– How the approach explains the disorder
– Integrate the key points in the previous section in describing how the approach explains the disorder. Also, don’t introduce new terms relating to the approach that weren’t already mentioned in the “approach” paragraph.
– Possible treatments for the disorder
– Remember to explain not just what the treatment is, but how it works and how it improves the patient’s outcomes. Also, don’t mention treatments that are irrelevant to the approach. Examples of Freudian treatment are hypnosis, dream analysis, free association…
– Reference page & references in body of paper (4 points)
– follow APA guidelines for citations in paper as well as reference page
-Google “APA Citation Style” for examples
– must use textbook and at least two additional sources
– no dictionary or Wikipedia-type sources
– cite references throughout paper – not just at end of long paragraph
– Overall organization & APA format (4 points)
– follow guidelines given about parts of paper
– discuss in order given in guidelines
– no need for a bunch of extraneous information (e.g., detailed example of