Choose either an aquatic or terrestrial ecosystem to research.
- If possible, the ecosystem should be in your local region or in an area of personal interest.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper about the ecosystem you have chosen and two species that make up the ecosystem. Include the following items:
- Identify and describe the ecosystem, including the degree of diversity that is present.
- Identify any interrelated ecosystems that may be in close proximity.
- Provide a brief description of two species in your ecosystem, including one plant and one animal. Evaluate each of these species based on its instrumental value and uniqueness value.
- One of these species should be endangered, as identified in the IUCN Red List or by a government wildlife or natural resource agency. Explain how this species came to be endangered. Include any efforts currently underway to preserve this species.
- End with a summary or conclusion.
Include cited material from at least four sources, one of which should be your course textbook. List these cited sources in your reference section.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Carefully proofread your paper for correct spelling and grammar and utilize UOP writing resources.