consider how the United States and international laws can impact business.
For this assignment, you will need to use Westlaw Campus Research in the South University Online Library or the Internet, and locate information related to the following:
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) regulations
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- Impact of federal regulations on new business strategies
- Implications of international legal instruments when a business goes international
Next, let’s read a scenario.
Golf-N-Go manufactures electronic four-wheeled carts normally used by golfers to carry the clubs and transport a maximum of four people across the golf course. The carts are capable of traveling a maximum speed of 15 miles per hour. Golf carts are also known as low speed vehicles (LSV).
When Gary Golfman, the president of the company, visited his parents at their retirement subdivision in Florida, he noticed many residents used golf carts to get around and visit other residents in the neighborhood. After talking with his parents, he discovered that the carts were capable of going 25 miles per hour.
Golfman has also received requests for golf carts that would travel 35 miles per hour and meet regulations for street use. Golfman sees this as an opportunity for increased sales.
Based on your research, readings, and the above scenario, answer the following questions in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document:
- Are Golf-N-Go’s current carts subject to NHTSA regulations? Why or why not?
- If Golf-N-Go manufactures carts capable of going 25- to 35-miles per hour, will they be subject to the NHTSA regulations? Why or why not?
- Using the state of Florida or your own state, locate a state, county, or city ordinance that specifically permits or prohibits the use of LSVs on public roads? Why?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages for allowing golf carts to travel on certain public roads?
Golfman is considering expanding his business to China. Golf carts would be sold and manufactured in the U.S. and China. However, each facility would also specialize in the manufacture of certain parts, which would be imported and exported by each party. In negotiating a contract with their Chinese “partner,” the Chinese firm expressed a desire to include an arbitration agreement where any disputes would be resolved in China.
Based on your research, readings, and the above scenario, answer the following questions:
- What are the contractual and dispute resolution issues Golf-N-Go must resolve with the Chinese firm? Explain.
- Which of the following issues might apply to Golf-N-Go and their import or export transactions with China? Explain at least two.
- Export regulations
- Intellectual property
- Barriers to trade
- Foreign corrupt practices Act
Support your answers with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.ubmit your detailed question here…