Discuss : Supply Chain Management (Distribution)
Supply Chain Risk Management
From this source:
Discuss major distribution companies in TN (warehousing, transportation, fulfillment, etc.)
You can use other sourced to support.
Make it practical and specific. Deep, not broad. Length – four pages. Essay format
* “Discuss” in the context means I want you to tell me what is going on inside your head, not merely re-phrase the papers or presentations. What do these papers mean? Analyze or synthesize. Refer to the model essay and to the guidelines for essays.
Use examples companies.
I encourage the inclusion of outside supporting material.
Please do not give me fluff. This is a graduate-level.
Please pay attention to format issues and guidelines. Below:
General Writing Guidelines
- Make it interesting. Make sure that you have a clear thesis statement.
- Don’t beat around the bush. If you must provide background, confine it to about 25% of the length of the body at most.
- Have an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. In the introduction, tell me what you are going to say in the body of the paper. In the body of the paper, tell me what you told me you were going to tell me. You may find it helpful to supply headings to the major topics in the body. Bring the body to some graceful conclusion (i.e., lessons learned, questions settled, etc.). Finally, conclude the paper with a review of what you said you were going to say during the intro.
The reader must be able to follow what you are trying to say. This is non-fiction. It is not supposed to be a mystery.
- Avoid excessive informality. Do not use stilted language and certainly do not use the passive tense when you can avoid it. However, avoid colloquial or slang expressions and do not use contractions. Humor and irony should be used sparingly if at all.
- Some guides for writing include:
- I don’t really like the citation format in any of the papers on xanedu. APA style is fine. An example guide is at http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/. I am not very strict about reference style and formatting, but I am strict about structure.
- Bold Headings
- Indent at the beginning of paragraphs, do not add additional spacing between paragraphs
- Spelling counts!
- Grammar counts.