This homework is for Social Psychology class. And it is due on Saturday at 1:00 pm.
1. Compare and contrast the three theories of helping: social exchange, social norms, and the evolutionary theory.
2. Define altruism and provide an example. Explain what is meant by “genuine altruism” and provide an example.
3. Explain empathy-based altruism and describe its positive and negative effects.
4. Identify the steps in Darley and Latané’s “decision tree” of helping. Based on this model, how could you increase your chances of getting someone to help you in an emergency?
5. Explain at least four ways to increase helping behavior.