For this assignment, you will write your Research Report. In the TurnItIn Submission and Blackboard Submission stages that follow, you will submit it twice (once to TurnItIn and once to Blackboard).
Assess proficiency in synthesizing peer-reviewed literature pertaining to experimental and functional food research for the purpose of critically addressing nutrition questions.
- Follow the instructions below write your Research Report.
- Research the topic you selected in the Topic Wiki.
- Read a review article on the topic.
- Locate and read 2 primary research studies published in a peer-reviewed journal within the last three years, using approved library databases.
- Articles may cover the following:
- Experimental food chemistry
- Nutrition intervention research
- Note: Articles highlighting in vitro research will not be graded.
- Write a Research Report for all study elements in the Article Deconstruction Assignment for each article, instead of re-summarizing the abstracts. Provide specific details and support each assertion with evidence. Your Research Report should be in 2 sections:
- Highlighting Primary Research Article 1
- Highlighting Primary Research Article 2
- Note: The section headings for the two sections are the only two sections of the Research Report. The Research Report should not have an introduction or conclusion.
- Review the Grading Rubric
- Turnitin.com via Blackboard
- The University of Alabama is committed to helping students uphold the ethical standards of academic integrity in all areas of study including avoiding plagiarism in written documents. The final version of the report must be submitted BY THE ASSIGNMENT DEADLINE to Turnitin.com for the purpose of detecting textual similarities. If the final version of the report that is submitted in class on the due date does not identically match the version on Turnitin.com, the report will not be graded resulting in zero credit (0) with no opportunity to repeat the assignment.
- Acceptable scores on Turnitin.com for “matching materials” must be less than < 10% or the paper will not be graded and grade of zero will be assigned. There are no exceptions to this policy. A 10% match does not rule out the potential for plagiarism. All supporting articles will be read by the professor and reviewed for plagiarism.
- Create a word-processing document (e.g., Microsoft Word) using the following formatting guidelines:
- Cover sheet with the topic of the Research Report, your name, and the course name (NHM 454)
- 3 page minimum and 4 page maximum, not including references and cover sheet
- Reference List
- Apply AMA style, references, and citations within the Research Report and the Reference List
- Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar, contributing to clarity
- 12-point, Arial font
- 1-inch margins
- Note: You must include all references in the Research Report.