Imagine you have been hired as a network technology consultant for a small business. The owner of the business, Sally Chu, has asked you to provide assistance in setting up local users on a Windows 7 workgroup network. She also wants you to provide the highest level of security for her network.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you analyze and solve the following issues: Sally wants all six (6) of her administrative staff members to have the same computer-access privileges. She wants them to be able to run applications and use network printers, but not be able to make any accidental changes that can adversely affect their computers.
1. List and explain the steps you would take to provide the most-efficient method of creating user accounts for these employees. Sally wants to be able to provide a high level of authentication for her network’s users, so she is asking for a dual authentication process. She has asked you to perform research in this manner by providing two (2) dual authentication methods.
2. Explain two (2) different forms of authentication methods that Windows 7 supports that can be combined with requiring a password for network access.
3. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using both the methods you’ve chosen. Sally has asked you to make security modification to Internet Explorer. You need to ensure all Web based applications run in protected mode except those that exist on the local intranet since these applications need to write to specific disk space that protected mode prohibits writing to.
4. Develop a strategy to ensure this compatibility by using Microsoft Visio or an open-source alternative to create a process diagram or similar visual depiction to represent the troubleshooting steps you would take. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
5. Explain how the firm’s employees can remain safe from Internet predators by describing at least two (2) Internet threats and how Internet Explorer 8 can help safeguard them against these threats.
In keeping with the need for strong security on the network, you need to ensure all the clients‟ computers are provided with the latest updates. Sally has asked you to provide these updates in the most-efficient and cost-effective manner possible and there should be little drag on the network. Remember, your network does not have Active Directory installed.
6. Describe the update distribution method you would choose and why.
7. Explain how you would plan the distribution of updates on the network.
Users are reporting that their clients are running sluggishly. You have decided to monitor the performance of all the clients.
8. List and describe at least three (3) steps you can take using Windows 7 to try to determine what has been slowing down the computers.
9. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.