Independent Review of Literature
Using the Topical Reference List read 5 of the 8 research studies that you have chosen, critically. You may include the 2 reviews that you have already completed (qualitative and quantitative) if they were done well. You then need to review 3 more research studies. Include the following elements in your paper. Make sure you have your paper in APA format.
- Title page – give a factual, creative title to your paper. Titles to research do not leave the reader guessing as is done with essays. Instead, state exactly what you are proposing to research.
- Repeat the title on this page. Then introduce your problems, hypothesis and questions for the proposed research.
- Review research studies that have been done on your topic by other researchers before you. Do not give a long critique of each research article; instead write about your topic weaving in the discussions of each article throughout your paper. Refer to samples of the Review of Literature on page 42-43 of APA, and in various articles throughout your text, in the link to the “Owl Perdue” site, and in the video.
- In this paper you are telling the reader what other researchers have found in their research about the topic you have chosen.
- Be sure to discuss the results and the method that was used to achieve the results in each study.
- Give research that might support your hypothesis and research that does not support your hypothesis.
- Connect these articles to your topic and show why you need to do another research study on this topic.
Review of Literature
Posted on: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:34:48 AM MDT
I would like to draw your attention to what exactly a Independent Review of Literature looks like. Look on pages 41-59 of your APA Manual to see an excellent example. Also see this https://uswonline.blackboard.com/bbcswebdav/pid-436916-dt-content-rid-891963_1/courses/EDU_5523_Fall-A-16_LEC_Section_12/APA-Corrected-Sample-Paper%20VERY%20GOOD.pdf to view an example. Remember that a abstract is not necessary for this assignment. If you are accurately weaving the articles together to discuss your topic fully, your paper should be about 5-7 pages including title page and reference page. Please do not discuss one article at a time. You are to use them as combined information to tell the reader what the other researchers have found, the methods that were used in the
studies you are referencing and how these support and does not support your hypothesis. Lastly use your articles to say why another study should be done at this time.