Now that you ve completed your analysis and determined the linear regression formula and r2, it now time to report on the results of your study and examine your findings.
In a Microsoft Word document, respond to the following:
- Report the sample you selected and the question that was explored in the study.
- Report the r2 linear correlation coefficient and the linear regression equation produced in the Excel spreadsheet.
- What would be the value of Pearson s r (simply the square root of r2)?
- Would Pearson s r be positive or negative? What does this imply about the relationship between the factors in this study?
- What is the implication of any correlation found between the variables in the study you picked?
- Does this correlation imply a causal relationship? Explain.
- Are there other variables that you think should have been examined that would have improved this study or help to pinpoint what factors are causal?