Northeastern Health Services, Inc. (NHS), a fictional health services company, was created to address the health and welfare needs of underserved patients in rural Maine and its environs. Despite the remote locations of its clinics in small townships along the Canadian border, NHS’s goal is to provide state-of-the-art health services to its client base, including offering complete medical imaging services with rapid turnaround of results and diagnoses. This is accomplished by partnering with the medical imaging analysis unit of a major hospital in the greater New York area. This requires the rapid transmission of electronic imaging files that can be extremely large in size, upwards of 100 MB each, via a secure, encrypted Internet connection.
Lately, as NHS has built out its network of clinics to the remotest areas of northern Maine, it has faced increasing difficulty in procuring the high-speed Internet services that are required to transmit the large imaging files. Because of this, they have asked your consulting firm to evaluate its options for bringing Internet connectivity to these remote locations.
Your initial review of the locations has revealed a number of facts:
• All locations are within reach of landline telephone company wiring.
• All locations are served by a local cable television provider.
• All locations are within reach of existing cell towers, but signal strength varies widely from office to office, and often within each office due to prevailing weather conditions. Solar flares also appear to affect cell reception more in these locations than at the more southerly-located clinics.
• All locations are subject to heavy rainfall and snowfall that affects the performance of satellite services.
You have been asked to compile research on possible technological solutions.
A. Develop an annotated bibliography containing ten references that can be used to evaluate five potential technological solutions for the scenario.
Note: The bibliography should consist of a minimum of ten entries from peer-reviewed journals, professional organizational websites, blogs, magazine articles, or any other academic reference.
1. Discuss the following for each reference:
• The potential technological solution
• Its use
• Its application to the given scenario
B. Recommend one of the technological solutions from part A for NHS to adopt.
1. Justify your recommendation based on the goals of NHS.
2. Discuss where NHS would fall on a technological acceptance curve.
a. Explain whether your proposed solution would be accepted by NHS management, based on your knowledge of their business.
C. If you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format