Research the Internet or the Strayer Library for a publicly traded company and then download the annual report for the most recent year reported for use in this assignment.
Based on your review and analysis of the annual report, prepare a ten to twelve (10-12) page report in which you:
1. Analyze the company’s mission and vision statements against the performance of the organization. Then, evaluate how well the company lives out its mission and vision statement.
Provide support from the organization’s performance in your evaluation.
2. Assess how the organization’s strategic goals link to the company’s mission and vision.
3. Analyze the company’s financial performance to determine the link between the company’s strategic goals, strategy, and its financial
performance. Detail your findings.
4. Conduct a competitive and marketing analysis of the organization to determine strengths and opportunities.
5. Apply the appropriate strategy (low cost, differentiation, or niche) that will maximize the
organization’s return to shareholders. Provide a
detailed rationale for the reason you chose this
strategy and state the expected outcome(s).
6. Create a detailed scenario in which a merger
or acquisition would be a viable strategy to
implement. Consider who the merger or acquisition
would involve, the market conditions making it
a good choice, and the type of strategy that
would make it a success.
7. If you were a leader in this organization,
determine the appropriate rewards that would best
motivate employees toward achieving the desired
strategy. Review the financial performance of
the company to ensure the rewards are
appropriate. Justify your selection.
8. Evaluate how the company’s current strategy
supports or discourages ethical business behaviors
(or perhaps both). Discuss how you arrived at your
9. Use at least six (6) quality academic
resources in this assignment. Note:
Wikipedia and other
Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman
font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any
• Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in
the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated
with this assignment are:
• Analyze strategies for exerting the internal
leadership needed to drive the implementation of
strategic initiatives and improve operating
• Use technology and information resources to
research issues in strategic management.
• Write clearly and concisely about strategic
management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on
answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and
and writing skills, using the following rubric.