Your team (4 students) will analyze one of the following systems:
- Residential College Log system: http://studentdev.murraystate.edu/rajclass/rclog/
- Workout Log system: http://studentdev.murraystate.edu/rajclass/workoutlog/
Your team has two deliverables described below.
Deliverable 1 Outline:
Table of contents
- System description
- Detailed narration and table of the functionality of the system.
- Table should list the functions in order of priority
- System Models:
- Scope model: Context level DFD with substantial narration explaining the scope of the application and how it will meet the functionality described in section 3.
- Major Functions Model: DFD Level 0 – Major processes with complete narration
- Detailed Model: DFD Level 1 – Processes that are not at least candidates for “primitive”.
- Logic models:
- Use a Decision Table or a detailed narration to describe the logic for each proposed level 0 processes.
- Entity-Relation Diagram
- Key attribute
- Entity definition matrix
- Business definition
- Each attribute
- Business definition
- Location (s) attribute used in application (form/process)
- List all errors/bugs that indicates what does not work as it should
- Describe any work-a-rounds for the errors
- List all enhancements (missing functionality that you think the application should have)
- Include a table of the enhancements, priorities and reasons for priority.
- Paper 1.25″ margins, left and right, 1″ top and bottom
- Paragraph text: Single spaced
- 6 pt spacing before paragraphs
- Font: Arial, 10 point
- Number the paragraphs headings same as outline
- Table of contents with page numbers
- Footer: (Same as this paper) Note font is 8 point in footer
- Figures: Tables and graphs: Must be numbered and referenced in text
- Naming convention for file: Team Name D1.doc where team name is Team x where x is the team identifier.
Delivery requirement: Post document on teams file exchange by midnight of due date.
Deliverable 2: Presentation:
- Classroom/Collaborate PowerPoint presentation.
- 24 Hours before scheduled presentation post a copy of your presentation on team’s file exchange.
- Naming convention: Team Name D2.ppt where team name is Team x where x is the team identifier.
- Each team member MUST present part of the presentation