- The following task is designed to help you become familiar with UMUC’s Information and Library Services. Completing this exercise might help you get started on developing a topic for the white paper.Please watch library tutorial #1. The tutorial is linked to at the top of the list of Content items for this week. The tutorial is designed to demonstrate some searching strategies when finding articles through OneSearch, a research tool that allows you to search on many databases at one time.After you have watched the tutorial, please complete the following tasks. Post your responses to this conference thread.Let us assume you work for a company that is hiring more and more employees of the millennial generation. Your supervisor has asked you to conduct research on issues regarding employees from the millennial generation. For example, she mentions that millennial individuals may have different expectations of the work environment from those of workers from older generations. In addition, she mentions that millennials have different habits with regard to their use of technology than workers from older generations exhibit.The instructions you have been given by your supervisor are quite broad. But let us assume that this is the directive you have been given. For this reason, you will conduct a very general search on millennials and their work or technology habits. You are not quite sure how to focus the topic, but you know that you would like to pursue this general topic and focus it later.
- Search on some terms and find four articles on this topic. Your search can be quite broad at this stage. Try to use some search phrases that require that you use quotation marks, as the video demonstrates.
Please write the topic on which you searched and the search terms you used to search on it.
- In addition, for the four articles you found, please write titles of the four articles and the journals in which they appeared. You don’t have to cite anything in APA format, or anything of that nature. Just post the titles and the journal names.
- Understanding the Research Report Literature Synthesis Review Discussion Topic Updated The following task is designed to help you understand WA#2, the background review and synthesis of the literature for the topic of your research-based report.For this discussion topic, please complete the following:
- Read through the sample essay for WA#2. In addition, watch the video on strategies for WA#2.
- In your own words, explain what it means to synthesize sources in a paper.
- How is synthesizing different from writing an annotated bibliography?
You may write a short paragraph for your answer to each question.