The principal at your school has been impressed with how you have been able to engage parents, the community and school, and external resources in social studies instruction. The department chair has asked you to create a handout for the teacher in-service training about how involvement has helped you manage your classroom behaviorally and instructionally.
- Create a handout for the teacher in-service training.
- Include the following in your handout:
- Two ways parents can become involved in social studies instruction
- One way other community members can become involved in social studies instruction
- Two school-wide resources and two community resources that support social studies instruction