To accomplish its mission, an organization is characterized by its purpose,
structure, and people. People within the organization work to accomplish the
goals of the organization as a group. They are arranged in a hierarchal
structure to accomplish these goals, including non-managers, first-line
managers, middle managers, and top managers.
Managers are responsible for overseeing the work of other people so that the
goals of the organization are accomplished. Managers are concerned with internal
efficiencies and effectiveness to meet the goals of the organization. These
goals and objectives are usually outlined in internal documents, introduced in
annual reports, advertised on the corporate Web site, and updated in the
company’s strategic plan.
Find 3 goals or objectives that your company has posted on its Web site or in
its corporate information literature that describes its activities during the
Design a 2-part presentation that explains the following:
Part I: 3 Content Slides
- Define the 3 characteristics of an organization.
- Explain how management is responsible for creating efficient work
- Define and explain the 4 functions of management in achieving the
organization’s mission or purpose.
Part II: 2 content slides
- Define 3 things that seem to be working well in your selected company based
on internal processes.
- Write a summary of 2 successful products contributing to your company’s
higher profitability that could be a result of increased efficiencies within the
- If the company is suffering a decrease in profitability, recommend a
possible internal efficiency program that could be implemented to correct this
in the future.