Write a 200- 250 word response to this discussion question:
Two women go to their doctor with suspected thyroid disorders to get their thyroid hormone levels tested via their blood serum. The results of those tests are the following:
– Patient 1 shows a low level of Thyroxine (T4) and a high level of TSH.
– Patient 2 shows a high level of Thyroxine (T4) and a low level of TSH.
Both patients are diagnosed with thyroid disorders. Based on these lab results, answer the following:
- Briefly describe how the secretion of Thyroid hormones is controlled by a negative feedback system.
- What is the diagnosis for Patient 1? What are the symptoms of this disorder?
- What is the diagnosis for Patient 2? What are the symptoms of this disorder?