Applying Theoretical Perspective to Curriculum Content. Go to MindMeister and create a free account.
You will be creating a Mindmap to share with your classmates using MindMeister. Your map will show the following theoretical perspectives: behaviorist, nativist, cognitive developmentalist, and interactionist. Incorporate a brief overview of each into your Mindmap and identify the theorist-researcher associated with each perspective. When this portion of your Mindmap is complete, share your Mindmap with your classmates by exporting your file to the Doc Sharing forum. For instructions on using the Doc Sharing feature, please see the document in the online classroom.
To export your file from MindMeister, use the following instructions:
1. Once you have created your Mindmap click on Export.
2. When the Export box pops up click on the large button in the middle of the box with the up and down arrows.
3. This will open a list of options.
4. Choose the option that says Portable Document File (PDF).
5. Once you open it as a PDF, you can save it on your computer.
6. After it is saved you should be able to upload it to the doc sharing list by clicking on Upload and then Browse.
Next, prepare curriculum content aligned with each theoretical perspective that promotes language acquisition. Make sure you identify the activity, the developmental stage it addresses, and explain how it aligns with the theory. You will need at least one activity for each theoretical perspective. This paper must be uploaded as your written assignment. The link to your Mindmap must be included at the end of the assignment. Next, view your classmates’ Mindmaps by downloading the files from Doc Sharing.